About Saudi Network Information Center
Saudi Network Information Center (SaudiNIC) is responsible for the administration of the domain name space for the country code (ccTLD) of Saudi Arabia (.SA) as well as the IDN ccTLD (.السعودية). This includes the operation of the Saudi DNS root servers and the registry services under Saudi TLDs . SaudiNIC was managed and operated by King Abdulaziz City for Science and Technology (KACST) since 1995. By the end of 2006 the task of operating SaudiNIC moved to the Communications, Space & Technology Commission (CST).
The mission of SaudiNIC is to provide an equitable, just and competent technical and administrative management of domain name registrations for Internet community in Saudi Arabia.
- Setting up policies regulating domain name registrations.
- supervision Registras and supervise the management of the Saudi domain name infrastructure.
- Maintain the Domain names records and provide Whois services
- Lead the effort toward fully Arabic domain names
- Coordinating with other GCC, Arab, and International ccTLDs.
- Participating in international events supervised by ICANN, RIPE, ISOC, and WIPO related to domain .